Join us this Sunday morning for worship at 10am|11:15am
Wednesday Night Recovery Ministry
6pm – free meal| 7pm Worship| 8:15pm Small Groups
Main Street – Hillsville
Help the Flood Victims in WV: We are organizing to partner with Tammy Payne’s Brother In Law, Frank, who is a Pastor at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Charleston WV.
and currently serving as a chaplain in West Va. with the flood victims. They have lots of buckets but need items to fill the buckets.
You can purchase all or some of these items, anything will be appreciated. Please bring any items to the church beginning this Sunday, and stay tuned for future fund-raising events for the flood victims of West Virginia.
Summer Movie Series: Next movie is 8/5.
Upcoming Missions and Outreach Opportunities for Serving:
August, 10th CCMS First Day! Treats for teachers/staff
These events cannot happen without volunteers! If you would like to sign up to serve please email Brenda Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign-up sheets are at the Information Desk in the Lobby.
Restart16 – Expansion Fund – there are special envelopes at a display in the Lobby and in the Information Baskets for you to use to donate towards getting us in the new worship space.
Small Groups on Sunday Mornings at 8:30am at OOTBWC: Groups are limited to 12. There are sign up sheets located in the Lobby at the Information Desk.
For Married Couples – led by David Payne
Recovery Ministry – Weekly on Wednesday evenings beginning at 6pm with a free meal, worship at 7pm and small groups at 8:15pm. Children’s Ministry is also available. Contact Pastor Ronnie at email@example.com. If you would like to donate food items or volunteer to help with the Recovery Meal on Wed nights, contact Brenda Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Recovery Ministry website at recoveryathillsville.com.
Family Support Group – we are now offering a support group for the family member of an addict on Wed evenings at 8:15pm following the 7pm Recovery Worship Service. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Pastor Ronnie at email@example.com.
Youth – meet on Wednesday evenings at 7:00pm for Bible Study at OOTBWC. This group is for Middle School through High School age.
Children’s Ministry Life Groups available on Sunday mornings during both services at 10am and 11:15am
- Nursery – Crib Nursery is located in the lobby of the worship center for babies. Nursery is available during both morning worship services for parent use.
- Toddler Nursery – “Peeps” is located upstairs and is for toddlers up to Kindergarten. Toddler Nursery is available at both services.
- Children’s Church/Loft for K – 5th Grade – meets during both services upstairs over the worship center.
*Children will be signed in and out in their classrooms.
Evan Nester is looking for people called to serve in Children’s Ministry, there is a sign up sheet in the lobby at the Information Desk, if you are interested. Also, please contact Evan Nester at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t Come to Church Empty Handed – Here are the people and places we are going to bless right now:
- Supplies for CCMS – we are collecting school supplies to be donated to Carroll County Middle School. You can bring supplies to OOTBWC and place them on the table in the Lobby. Suggested items are: glue sticks, notebooks, highlighters, pencils, loose leaf paper, 3 ring binders, Kleenex, and bar soap and snack items. Juice boxes/pouches are needed.
- Snack Items for Teachers – We would also like to bless the teachers and ask you to bring in non-perishable food items for snacks.
- Books – bring in used paperback books for the Prison. The inmates read mostly romance novels because that is what is typically donated. Bring in other meaningful books and we will deliver them to the Prison.
- Food – bring in non-perishable food. We have people that sometimes have an immediate need for some food and we need to have some on hand to meet those needs.
Christian Gomez – Out of the Box Worship Center is sponsoring a child through Compassion International. It takes $38.00 a month to provide needs such as food, medical care, schooling, and most importantly providing God’s Word! A box is located at the Information Desk in the lobby with a picture of our child! We can write and send letters to him! We welcome you to drop loose change, a dollar, or whatever amount you would like to to help us meet our monthly goal of $38.00. If you have any questions please see Leigh Anne Smith or Ronnie G Collins. We are excited to add yet another outreach ministry and help those in need and provide God’s word in Guatemala!
Change for a Dollar – Give one dollar each Sunday to the “Change for a Dollar Missions Fund”. The funds will be used to help transients, homeless, addicts, anyone who needs a little help. There will be a small envelope in the bulletin packet to use to put your dollar in and place it in the offering.
eGive – Secure Online giving is now available for you to use to give your tithe and offerings to Out of the Box UMC. Go to the eGive website and register for an account to begin giving online. www.egive-usa.com.
People are needed to Serve are needed in all ministry areas at Out of the Box Worship Center. Check the Opportunities to Serve page on the website.
Facility Use – if you would like to reserve the Youth Center or the Worship Center, contact Cathy Sizemore at email@example.com.
Email announcements to Cathy Sizemore at firstname.lastname@example.org.